Self-Storage Associate - Full Time
WHO WE ARE
Great Value Storage is one of the largest privately held self-storage operators in the country. Since 2011, Great Value Storage has been actively acquiring and growing in the self-storage market and is continually searching for ways to provide high-touch service at a great price. Great Value Storage has quickly expanded from its first property in Austin, Texas and currently operates 65 self-storage facilities containing over 30,900 units and over 4,100,000 square feet. We will continue to grow our portfolio of properties, with the aim of offering offer great service to our loyal customer base across the country.
The Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service and managing the day-to-day operations of the assigned property.
- Answer phone inquiries from prospective tenants
- Convert phone inquiries into site visits
- Show property, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about the facility to prospective tenants
- Sign new lease with prospects who visit the property
- Collect monthly rental fees when paid by tenants
- Make periodic bank deposits
- Work with upper management to determine the best method of advertising to reach, and market to, prospective tenants
- Perform outreach to prospective tenants by contacting individuals, businesses, and organizations in the area
- Perform general routine maintenance and cut locks from delinquent units
- Coordinate and report routine maintenance and determine necessity of repairs or maintenance
- Monitor property on a regular basis for security, maintenance needs, and cleanliness
- Maintain cleanliness of vacant units
- Collection of delinquent accounts
- Submit reports on site performance to supervisor on a monthly basis
- Work with upper management to continually improve processes and operations at the facility
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure high quality.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- High school diploma and some college experience preferred
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Strong computer skills
- Well-developed oral, written, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact with others
- The ability to quickly identify and solve problems, work effectively under pressure, and be able to work well independently
- Ability and willingness to perform light maintenance work
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, bending, walking, kneeling and lifting and/or moving objects up to 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Work area is usually exposed to noise and dust.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the role successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.