Self-Storage Associate - Full-Time
WHO WE ARE
Great Value Storage is one of the largest privately held self-storage operators in the country. Since 2011, Great Value Storage has been actively acquiring and growing in the self-storage market and is continually searching for ways to provide high-touch service at a great price. Great Value Storage has quickly expanded from its first property in Austin, Texas and currently operates 65 self-storage facilities containing over 30,900 units and over 4,100,000 square feet. We will continue to grow our portfolio of properties, with the aim of offering offer great service to our loyal customer base across the country.
Great Value Storage is looking for a full time Self-Storage Associate in Indianapolis, IN. This individual is estimated to work 40 hours per week. The Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service and assisting the Site Manager to complete daily tasks.
- Support the full-time resident site manager with facility operations
- Answer phone inquiries from prospective tenants
- Convert phone inquiries into site visits
- Show property, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about the facility to prospective tenants
- Sign new lease with prospects who visit the property
- Collect monthly rental fees when paid by tenants
- Perform general routine maintenance, minor repair work and cut locks from delinquent units
- Monitor property on a regular basis for security, maintenance needs, and cleanliness
- Maintain cleanliness of vacant units
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure high quality
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
- High school diploma and some college preferred
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Moderate computer skills
- Well-developed oral, written, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to interact with others
- Ability and willingness to perform light maintenance work
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the role successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.